Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trays for your odds and ends

When you're a woman, you've got a lot of trinkets. Whatever they might be--you'll need to keep your "garbage" in check. 

On a recent trip to Muji, I hoarded on these clear plastic trays. 




 I put one tray on my night table. This is for the accessories I use the most. After wearing, I just take them off and dump. The other accessories are kept in a bigger box in some drawer.












I also have a lot of unopened cologne, nail polish and hand gels. Instead of keeping them cluttered in a drawer, I use the tray to hold them in order and in place, like this:





















I also have a tray to store paper products. Cotton buds, makeup sponges, q-tip, facial pads and lint rollers, which I've pre-packed in ziplock bags in smaller quantities. When I travel, I just grabe these and stuff them into my Toiletree bag. 














I bought little square containers for temporary storage. Temporary because sometimes when I arrive home and need to wash the dishes and need a place to keep my wedding rings without misplacing them (and I'm always too lazy to reach for the jewelry box tucked in somewhere), I have my square dumping and compartmentalizing boxes. This way, I can reach for them another time and put them away properly. At least they're all in one place for the mean time.

I leave these on top of my night table or in the bathroom. They're the best. Also ideal for hair pins and elastics. I used to just put these on top of tables or on the bed or somewhere they are bound to get lost.






What are your organizing secrets? Would love to hear from you guys! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment