Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kate Spade themed party for Olivia's first birthday

Aaaaaaaand I'm back again. :)


I'm not sure how long it has been since my last blog. Almost four months? I think so.



Still sporting a baby bump, still as buntis as ever. I feel like I've been pregnant for two years already :p


Since my last post,  I've gained a whole lot of weight (my OB GYN has given up on trying to keep my lbs. down)-- had three baby showers thrown by super loving friends and family, and set up the baby room (which is STILL a work in progress. I think it will always be that way, thanks to this thing called Nesting.



At this point, we're actually just waiting for ze baby to come out! My dear husband has been talking to her and playing with her. He loves it when she kicks or shoves as a response to his calls.

"Hi, Olivia! It's daddy!"

*karate kick*




Yesterday, he even took a photo of my HUGE TUMMY because he wanted to "see her" whenever we weren't together.


Anyway, with a few minutes free today, I came up with the idea of planning ahead. And when I say ahead, I mean... a year ahead.

I made an inspiration board for Olivia's first birthday party. 


No, I am not excited! Haha.

My baby's first birthday will be Kate Spade-inspired.






Bright poppy colors, Nautical striped-straws, polka-dotted table cloth, raffia baskets, a cute bike... fresh, bright and happy elements for a summer celebration.



I feel like I'm done with baby pinks and pastels. Those were adorable themes done for my bridal and baby showers and my friends did an awesome job! Will probably post some from those parties, soon!



But since this baby's birthday will be in the summer-- it'll be perfect to incorporate color and prints from one of my favorite brands :)




Oh happy happy joy. :)

7 comments: