Monday, January 24, 2011

Over 80,000 home ideas in one website.



Photos above from Houzz.com




We all have lookbooks--folders in our laptops, desktops, ipads--that contain different categorized photos of looks that we like and hopelessly try to emulate, one futile attempt after the other.

My personal look books contain many bridal pegs,--in the hopes that my husband decides to marry me again, big fluffy dress and all--makeup looks, shoes, and of course, interior design looks. :)

So last night, Czar came over and started showing me a few photos from this website called Houzz









I remember stumbling upon it once before but never really got to explore. This morning, though, I kind of got stuck browsing because I realized it was a "look book" kind of site.







You browse through the different categories found on the left side, like you pick from bathroom, entry, living room...then choose a style. It makes it so easy to search! No more jumping from one site to another, if you need specific ideas. This is kind of like fast food in a website.












And then, you pick from the many posted photos uploaded by registered members. WHat's so cool about this is, you get to upload your own pictures, too! So it's sort of like a brag book/forum where all members share and take ideas from one another. 









Then if you like something, you add it to your Idea Book.





You can even categorize your idea books-- say, 'Alabang House', 'Condo', 'Future Spa Business', 'Kids' Rooms'...

Each Idea Book is like a webpage, with your chosen photos displayed. You can even comment which features you like about them.

This is such a great site to explore, especially for those who are looking to build / renovate!



3 comments:

  1. The dining room looks loverly! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEs it is! Would be so awesome to have a dining room like this at home, just for my girl friends :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend suggested me to visit your blog. Very well explained. Thanks for the write up! This is really some great stuff here! I will visit here very often

    ReplyDelete