Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'd rather go naked than be caught with a plastic bottle :D

At home, I try to do away with the flimsy "takeout" microwavable plastic containers and plastic mineral water bottles for the sole reason that they are generally unsafe.

So, I go for the Snapware glass and plastic storage bowls for leftovers and other food items, which are meant to last and keep your food/drink safe from toxic releases.






 








That is why about four years ago, Sigg water bottles, although already a long-standing brand from Switzerland, became all the rage and were hoarded and branded by fitness and lifestyle companies.
Image of a Sigg BottleImage via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta



Lululemon has them...




http://shop.lululemon.com

























http://adventurelume.com/2010/07/how-to-choose-a-safe-reusable-water-bottle/






Even Elle Magazine commissioned designers like Zac Posen, Phillip Lim, Stella McCartney, et al to create their own bottle designs for Sigg:
http://www.fabsugar.com/Designer-Sigg-Water-Bottles-1538804 








Never caught on the Sigg fever, although there is one eco-friendly water bottle brand I am truly inlove with, and this isn't the stainless steel type. 

I carry my TAKEYA bottle around with me. I use it to the gym, driving out of town, and at work. 



The handy handle by the snout makes it easy to snap on to your tote 


Yes, it's a bit heavy because it's really a glass bottle with a protective rubber glove in nice happy solid bright colors :D 


 I want to collect all colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment